Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Off we go to the Fashion Show...

So its Burlington Fashion Week this week - and this year I have decided to partake in some of the festivities by attending tonight's Fashion Show at Honey West downtown. Clothes, martinis, and my awesome friend Vanessa accompanying me - who can say no to that? After having taken in (online, of course) some of the highlights from Toronto Fashion Week, Milan Fashion Week, NY Fashion Week, etc..., I think what will be missing will be the presence or showcasing of any local DESIGN talent, as the fashion shows seem to be highlighting retail stores from Burlington, not designers from Burlington, but regardless - ya gotta start somewhere. Hopefully one day this will turn into a showcase for local talent AND the retailers who support them. Of course, maybe I'm wrong and tonight will be a pleasant surprise? Stay tuned!

No comments: