Thursday, March 31, 2011

Burlesque in Toronto?

Every time I see Dita Von Teese I honestly can't help but think Burlesque is a good thing (and not the movie with Cher & Christina Aguilera...let's not even go there).  Her makeup is always as perfect as a china doll, and her fashion is trend-setting and somehow modern while always paying homage to the days when Burlesque first started back in the 19th century!  Don't be fooled into thinking it's just a fancy stripclub...anyone 'in the know' understands that it's not even close to that.  Contortionists, magicians, and creative & erotic entertainment are what you'll find at Toronto's new club Jezebel in the west end of downtown.  I'm intrigued...and if I were a little braver, I might even check it out in person.  Imagine a weekend checking in to the hip Thomson hotel, grabbing dinner at Scarpetta then checking out Jezebel... A memorable Toronto weekend to be sure!

No comments: