Thursday, August 25, 2011

J.Crew making amends with Canadians


Yesterday I emailed a note to J.Crew letting them know that I'd like to stop receiving their catalogue.  I would no longer need it, as I planned to avoid shopping there, effective immediately.  No harsh or bitter tones, just my expression of regret and frustration that my years of loyal online business - to a brand I had grown to adore - was being punished with suddenly higher prices simply because physical Stores were now opening in Canada.  In speaking with friends and acquaintences, both male & female, I found I had not been alone in doing so.


Less than 24 hours later, I received a pleasant suprise in my inbox.  A note from CEO of J.Crew, Mickey Drexler, apologizing for the pricing misteps that took place in their launch over the past week, and letting me know that online purchases would now be duty-free when shipped to Canada.  The savings of removing duty will certainly help make up for the new price discrepancies, and this timely olive branch will go a long way to making Canadians feel appreciated, as well as heard.  I know I am not alone in receiving this note and gesture.  I was further impressed by the e-Gift Card that accompanied the letter.

Thank you J.Crew.  Mistakes happen, and Canadians have forgiving hearts.  Especially when timely and corrective gestures are extended.

No comments: