Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Personal Fave: Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer

People often ask me what my favourite moisturizer is. I'm not sure why they ask, but I'm certainly happy to tell them: it's Kiehl's.

I've tried many over the years - and since I have sensitive skin that clogs easily or breaks out into a tiny irritated rash if there are too many chemicals or perfumes, I can't just use anything.

There are a few that I like: Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion (yes, the yellow one) is a solid one that I have always had good results with. When Hudson's Bay is offering those handy giveaways at the Clinique counter with little lipglosses and mascaras in a new makeup bag, it's a highly tempting offer.

I love the texture and the scent of Clarins Brightening Hydrating Day Lotion (which is also good because it has an SPF 20 built-in) but it's pretty pricey at over $60 a bottle and sometimes that just feels a bit too indulgent (although now that I'm 40, I think I will be far less frugal when it comes to taking care of my face).

Overall though, my favourite has to be Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer. It is so nourishing and yet so light and weightless at the same time, and the price point is really great at around $49 for a bottle that will last you almost 6 months (I use it twice a day and I use a lot).

No matter what you use on your face, take my advice, don't forget your neck too! It's the thinnest skin on your body and highly sensitive. Treat them both right!

No comments: