Monday, May 30, 2011

Ready for Swimsuit Season?

The most iconic swimsuits of our time have been worn by the likes of Marilyn Monroe, Bo Derek, and Halle Berry (see the full slideshow here).  We've seen acceptable silhouettes go from the fully-dressed craziness of the Victorian era to the wool jersey sleeveless tank suits of the 1920's to the itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikinis of the 60's.  We now sit in an era where you can really wear whatever you want - with however much coverage you want - thanks to creative designers and amazing fabrics.  In my quest to find something flattering (and somehow modern & youthful?) for my post-two-baby-bod, I will head to Melmira in Toronto on Wednesday for a 'fitting'.  It comes highly recommended for great service, selection, and brands that have both style AND support in their construction.  Wish me luck - I'll let you know how it goes! 

No comments: