Monday, January 9, 2012

Monday's Muse: Zooey Deschanel

I have a high degree of confidence that if I were to have to pick a winner of the 2012 "Girl It Up" awards...even with the entire year still ahead of me...I would be accurate in predicting the winner as the lovely Ms. Zooey Deschanel!  She really embodies girlish glee in everything she wears (plenty of colour!), everything she says, and everything she does!  Her fashion choices harken back to the femininity of the 50's, and her quirky adorkableness on the hit show New Girl is simply beyond endearing, where her character is vulnerable, independent, honest and silly.  Her facebook page shares personal sweet moments out on the town with friends, and she's guaranteed to be a red carpet darling in the awards season ahead of us in the coming months.  She donates frequently to charity, she manages her money well (no debt!) and she's brave enough to start life again single this year, as her marriage to rocker Ben Gibbard comes to an abrupt end.  There are few people I'd trade lives with, but Zooey has to be one of them.  She's a no-brainer pick for my first "Monday Muse" of the year!

No comments: