Monday, February 27, 2012

Monday's Muse: Gwyneth Paltrow at the Oscars

As much as it pains me to say it since her blessings seem infinite and she has a wee bit too much self-esteem, I think Gwyneth Paltrow looked absolutely flawless last night at the 84th Academy Awards.  Sleek, elegant, fit, and glowing, she really wore that Tom Ford dress - and cape - perfectly.  Few people in this world can pull off a cape (unless they're a superhero), so I have to give her kudos for taking that kind of a risk.  Her low-key hair pulled back in a loose ponytail was awesome, and the thing I liked best about the whole outfit was the glittering diamond cuff bracelet.  I'll take two please.

Does she need my accolades?  No.  I think she's doing quite well with her rock star husband, uniquely-named children, fancy homes in NYC and London (is 33 rooms really enough space?), dinners with besties like Jay-Z and Beyonce, guest-stints singing on Glee, magazine covers, and dishing out lifestyle advice to the masses who can't afford most of her suggestions on Goop.

But as irritatingly perfect as it all is, I still have to call a spade a spade: her Oscar outfit was definitely one of the best of the night. 

No comments: