Thursday, May 17, 2012

What's Open Victoria Day Long Weekend?

The official kick-off of summer arrives tomorrow: The May Two-Four Long Weekend!   Somehow the weather gods have smiled upon us and we can look forward to lots of sunshine and warm temperatures.  What more can we ask for after a long, gloomy winter? 

Where I WISH I were going...
I hope you have excellent plans involving cottages or backyard bbq's and glasses of your favourite drink!  This photo on the left is where I'm headed... in my dreams, of course (or if I win Friday night's $50 Million Lotto Max jackpot).  Despite the insane 3-5 hour drives up Hwy's 400 and 69 when I was a kid, I really miss my cottage days north of Parry Sound.  Such good times!
 
If you haven't yet gotten your supplies - whether they're food, alcohol, or a new sundress - here are the details on what is open on the long weekend.  Plan accordingly!

LCBO: all stores closed on Victoria Day, Monday May 21st.

The Beer Store: all stores closed on Victoria Day.

Downtown Burlington Shops: SOME are open.  Grab an iced latte and have a look!

Home Depot: 8am to 5pm - Garden Centre areas open ONLY.  Plants, topsoil, garden stuff.

Walmart: 8am to 6pm - Garden Centre areas open ONLY. 

Downtown Oakville Shops: SOME are open, like uber cool Vocado from 11-5. 

Restaurants: open!  Enjoy a few local patios!

Mapleview Mall, Oakville Place, Yorkdale Mall: closed Monday, May 21st.

Toronto Eaton Centre: open Victoria Day (May 21st) from 10am to 6pm.

Your typical Fortinos grocery store: closed on Monday.  Stock up on Burger Buns on Sunday peoples!

Have a FABULOUS long weekend everyone!  Cheers!


No comments: