Friday, September 6, 2013

NYFW 2013: New York Fashion Week Highlights

Is there anything in fashion (on this continent, at least) more exciting than New York Fashion Week?

Desigual, NYFW 2013
Every year around Labour Day, I get the strongest urge to go to NYC. I have that urge every month, but in September and December it is always strongest (I'm a sucker for the Rockefeller Christmas Tree too). Now that there are mini peeps in my house who have first-day-of-schools to go to, it's not gonna happen again for a long time, but a few years ago I was there while white tents and a dozen carpets were being set up at Lincoln Centre and I have to tell you - the energy and anticipation was amazing. I wasn't even there for Fashion Week - I was attending a live broadcast of Regis & Kelly before my beloved Reege retired - but it was energizing all the same. FYI, if you ever want to stay across from Lincoln Centre, I can't recommend The Empire Hotel enough. Great rates, rooftop pool & bar, and plush, luxurious rooms.

This year it's easier than ever to follow the runway shows and after-parties. A quick search via twitter or instagram using hashtags like #NYFW will yield countless pics of runway shots, front row spectators and all the glamorous after-parties.

Yesterday designs from Desigual (available here locally at Joelle's) rocked the runway, and today you can find designers like Rebecca Minkoff and Nicole Miller. I'll be eagerly anticipating Tracy Reese and Diane Von Furstenberg (both Sept 8), and Tory Burch and J.Crew (Sept 10). You can check out all the highlights on the NYFW website, or visit one of my personal fave websites - New York Magazine - and you'll get a hip, insiders view.


No comments: