Friday, January 9, 2015

My New Favourite (and Best) Dry Shampoo: Bastiste

Thanks to my awesome and stylish colleague, Mayoli (pronounced Majoli), I found out a few months ago at a blogging event that there is a super cute and awesome and effective Dry Shampoo that I'd never heard of and is SO GOOD!

It's called Batiste and no, I have no idea why.  I went down a mini wormhole on the web and looked up the definition and history of the word and let's just say it doesn't matter because who cares? - it's memorable and the product works!

It's been featured in a bunch of magazines including making a recent "Bestie" list in Seventeen Magazine (and let's face it - teenagers are hair-obsessed so they should know).

I use it all the time when I want to go one extra day without washing and drying my hair (which - incase you don't know - takes me almost an hour and I have a job and two kids so I don't have that kind of spare time to indulge in my own vanity anymore).

It totally works, it gets rid of any shine or oil that are forming on your roots, and gives you crazy body.  My hair actually looked better on day 4 past my blowdry than it did on day 1.  Like photo-shoot good. I would never lie to you girls. So basically I just gave you an hour back in your day.  You're welcome.

I've only used the "Original" scent, which isn't particularly awesome smelling when you spray it but it certainly doesn't linger at all. I think I got it at Shoppers Drug Mart, and you can apparently get it at Walmart as well (definitely online at Walmart.ca) and - totally unbenownst to me until today - it also comes in fun "flavours" (aka "scents") so I really think I need to make Cherry Batiste part of my life in 2015.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever looked at the ingredients of this stuff??