Saturday, March 7, 2015

Snirt & Small Talk

It's March. There is "snirt" everywhere: that gorgeous combination of snow and dirt piled so high at the sides of the roads that it has no chance of melting until it's over 5 degrees for at least a week straight. 

We've definitely reached the point in the year where all anyone can say is "I am so sick of winter. Is spring ever coming?" I'm not going to lie to you, I'm actually more exhausted by that repetitive "small talk" than I am with the weather - even if it's true. 

We really need to start coming up with better small talk people. Maybe instead of saying "How are you? What's new" and answering with lame responses like "I'm cold - I wish this snow would thaw, blah blah blah" we could really start mixing it up. 

You in? I really think it will help jar us out of this wintery funk.

Ok here's my idea. The next time someone asks you "How are you?" you can either answer with

a) Physically, I'm ok. But mentally - wow - there are some real demons rattling around in my head right now. I wish I could tell you, but my psychiatrist strictly forbids it until the meds kick in. I'll circle back with you in a few weeks though.

or...

b) Honestly, I'm exhausted. We got caught up watching Homeland on Netflix last night and decided to patrol our neighborhood from 1-5am just to see if we'd come across anything suspicious but all we saw was a couple of dogs behaving badly with each other under the bridge. C'est la vie. How about you?

Ok thanks. I look forward to chatting with you soon wherever we run into eachother next :)






No comments: