Thursday, June 9, 2011

Our Best Boutiques feature continues! #9 is Melmira!

I recently visited this phenomenal store at the suggestion of several friends.  I had driven past it many times as I window shopped from my car along Yonge Street north of Lawrence on my way to who-knows-where in uptown Toronto.  Melmira has a lingerie shop on the main floor, and a bathing suit shop on the second floor.  The windows are always glamorously merchandised, and it's usually no problem to grab a parking spot along the street.  After 2 children, I realized quickly those unsupportive Old Navy bikinis, cute & affordable as they may be, are no longer built to help me out when it's time to swim & sunbathe.  I needed to find coverage, lift, support and somehow do it with a non-Mom-looking two piece.  I've got a one-piece for my kids' swimming lessons, but I'm not ready to totally give up on bikini land.  So off to Melmira I went (with an appointment made for a 'fitting') and I can't even begin to tell you how amazing my experience was!  Lovely and helpful Viktoria took me to a fitting room, explained the process (no showroom of bathing suits - just tell her my wish list and she'll start bringing me things.  Really?)  She used her hands to quickly guage my size (seriously?), and after she started bringing me one gorgeous suit after another that truly reflected the wish list criteria I had given her, I realized she was completely accurate on all counts.  The first suit she brought me - a gorgeous retro-inspired Shan work of art - fit like a glove and was beautiful!  The second suit - a striped number by Seafolly - was equally impressive.  I was starting to wonder if they had magic lighting and skinny mirrors.  A white cover-up too?  No problem.  Hangs perfectly and lightly grazes my curvy hips.  The bill was huge, but so was the smile on my face.  I'd recommend it as one of the best places to bathing suit shop on earth, hands down.  Bring on the sun!

No comments: