Wednesday, January 8, 2014

How To Keep Champagne Fresh & Bubbly for Days

On New Year's Eve, my husband and I opened a bottle of champagne. Loving cocktails as I do, I added some bubbly blood orange juice to the mix and a little crushed ice and it was beyond delicious. The problem is, there's no way the two of us could finish the whole bottle of champagne and still get up with the kids the next morning, so what's a girl to do with the rest?

Fortunately, sometime last year I bought this little gadget called the Pulltex Silicone Champagne Stopper and stored it in my kitchen drawer. This little invention promises to keep your champagne fresh & bubbly for days, and while I was totally skeptical (it just looks like a rubber cap - how magical could it be?) I was blown away by how well it totally worked!

For the rest of the week I added said Champagne to my morning orange juice and had delicious mimosas for the remainder of the Christmas holidays.  Don't judge me.  I was on vacation, ok? 

Available at select boutique wine shops and kitchen stores.





No comments: