Sunday, July 26, 2015

My New Summer Lipstick Obsessions


Summer isn't really the time for high gloss lips if you ask me. 

Go for Girlie by MAC #nofilter
I'm a total LipGlass addict most of the year, but when you're chilling at the beach or on a dock by the lake, anything super shiny can come off as being more than a bit overdone.

Flip flops, bathing suits, sundresses and cold beers call for something a little more casual.

The good news is, that summer also brings with it the tanned and bronzed skin that lets many of us experiment with brighter lip colours without feeling like our lips will overpower a pale complexion (as they often do). I always feel like bright lips look clown-like on me unless I have a dramatic smokey eye, three coats of mascara and a great outfit on. 

But...summer brings out enough colour in my face to balance out a vibrant lipstick so after a glorious week at the cottage, I spent a little time at the MAC counter today and found exactly what I was hoping for.

Patent Polish Lip Pencil by MAC
Option #1: the Patent Polish Lip Pencil. Almost as easy to put on as lip balm, this smooths right on and has a nice finish that isn't glossy but isn't matte either. Easy to throw in your purse and apply without a mirror when you're heading from the beach to dinner with friends. I chose the colour "Go For Girlie". Sounds about right.
Cremesheen in Little Buddha

Option #2: the Little Buddha shade of their classic Cremesheen lipstick. Moisture and sheen without high gloss, and enough colour to convey that happy summer feeling we all have now that the sun has been shining for more than 7 days in a row AND we can barely remember what snow looks like. 

I love the middle of summer.

Make the most of every sunny day and definitely make it a priority to slow down, savour every bite and sip you take, and enjoy as much time with family & friends as you can. 

And throw on a bright lipstick now and then. You won't regret it :)


No comments: