- SOME grocery stores. Ex: Metro (see here for list). So if you're that person who is making the potatoes and you forgot to even buy potatotes, you still have hope of actually bringing potatoes.
- Cobs Bakery. I really love that they're #openallweekend because if there's one thing you really want fresh on Thanksgiving dinner it's your rolls & bread, am I right? Kudos to Cobs for making that call, and props to the staff who are workin' it.
- SOME shopping malls such as Square One in Mississauga (11-6), Eaton Centre Toronto (10-6), and Vaughan Mills (10-7).
- Terra gardening centres. Ex: Burlington (Hwy 5) is open 9-5 and Holland Park is open 10-5. So if you need flowers to bring to your hosts on Monday, you can get them fresh here!
- If you want a really amazing cup of coffee or latte and you happen to be passing through Burlington, you can pop by my favourite non-coffee-shop-I-get-coffee-from (it's a Belgian chocolate shop) for the best coffee I've ever had (Illy, of course): Casteleyn on Brant Street. Perfect coffee plus a free delicious Belgian chocolate with every cup. They're usually closed on Sundays and holidays but the owner himself told me they're #openallweekend this holiday so YAY!
- LCBO & Beer Stores. Go get yo' bevvies today (Sunday) peeps. You cannot show up for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow night without some wine for your hosts ok? No no no. Even if you don't drink wine yourself. You can't be a Costanza and bring Pepsi instead. Even if you're bringing chocolate babka.
- MOST grocery stores (Ex: Fortinos)
- Shopping Malls such as Mapleview in Burlington, Sherway Gardens in Etobicoke, and Yorkdale in Toronto.
- MOST hardware stores like Home Depot (at least across Ontario). So even thought it's a nice day out and you feel like doing some long-overdue project around the house, you won't be able to get that drill bit you lost, but maybe that's a good thing since you'll be forced to just chill instead (and that's probably long-overdue too).
Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you're all feeling as blessed and grateful as I am these days.